It’s a timeless custom for the bride and groom to exchange gifts for their wedding. In past generations, these gifts were elaborate statements of their love for each other – romantic keepsakes that they would exchange publicly. In recent years, however, these gifts have taken a decidedly modern twist. There is more freedom around what these gifts should look like and what their purpose should be. Essentially, they’ve gotten more fun and creative over the years. If you’re looking for the perfect groom’s gift or bride’s gift, these are all awesome ideas!
Brides typically plan most of the wedding details, which makes it easy to forget about the all-important groom’s gift. But before you let this one slip, here are some great gift ideas for grooms:
- Watch or Cufflinks – Fine jewelry like watches and cufflinks are classic groom’s gifts because they can be worn at the wedding, and make great sentimental pieces to hand down through generations.
- Sunglasses – Designer sunglasses are a chic modern spin on the traditional jewelry favorites. They’re an especially popular choice when planning an outdoor wedding!
- Drinkware – Engraved tumblers, wine glasses, growlers, and flasks are a sophisticated gift for the beer, wine, or liquor connoisseur.
- Fancy Bottle of Liquor – Gifting your man a bottle of his favorite spirit is a gift that he can enjoy with his groomsmen at the bachelor party or at the wedding reception.
- Cigars – Cigars aren’t just popular for a baby’s birth! They’re also a showpiece at wedding receptions among men to unite new family members in an old tradition.
- Electric Razor – A razor is a practical gift that your fiancé will love because it means he won’t have to buy it for himself. (It’s also a subtle reminder that he should be clean shaved for the wedding day – hint hint.)
- Cologne – Want to make your main man even more dapper? Get him a bottle of designer cologne to make him smell as good as he looks on your big day together.
- Toiletry Kit – If your guy already has the personal hygiene items that he needs, you can always get him a nice leather toiletry kit to hold them all when you go on your honeymoon.
- Tickets – Want a gift you can enjoy together? Get him tickets to a concert or to see his favorite sports team. This is a gift for grooms that they’ll surely love!
- Photo Album or Scrap Book – If you’re looking for an inexpensive groom’s gift idea, a scrap book or photo album that highlights your good times together is a great option. You can incorporate ticket stubs and other small mementos to give it an extra-special personal touch.
- A Love Note – A hand-written note telling your soon-to-be husband how much he means to you and how excited you are about your life together is a wonderful classic gift. You can use elegant stationary to give that extra-special feel.
Grooms-to-be often have a harder time coming up with a great gift idea than their brides. They can’t help it – most men just struggle when it comes to shopping! But guys, as a word of caution, don’t skip the bride’s gift! This is a sure-fire way to get your already stressed bride even more worked up. Here are some women-approved options for gifts:
- Jewelry – Ladies love jewelry! Buy your bride something that she can wear on her wedding day like a bracelet or necklace. Just make sure she wasn’t planning on wearing family heirlooms or her favorite pieces of jewelry already.
- Engraved Wedding Band – Getting her wedding band engraved with a personal message is a sweet gift to make something that she’ll already love even better. You can’t go wrong with this one!
- A Choreographed Dance – Show your bride that you care as much about the wedding as she does by getting your groomsmen or family members to put together a dance for the big day. Then, surprise her by performing it in front of your guests. Remember, you don’t have to be a good dancer to put a smile on her face with your effort.
- A Jersey with her Married Name – If your bride-to-be is a big sports fan, get her a jersey for her favorite team with her new last name on it.
- Concert Tickets – Getting tickets for a concert that you both want to attend is a good way to take your mind off the hassle of wedding of planning. Or better yet, treat her to a girls’ night by getting tickets for her and her friends to go to something that they’ll like to see.
- Monogrammed Home Décor – Monogrammed home décor is in style right now, which means that you can score some major points by putting her new initials on something for your home together.
- Framed Personal Artwork – If you’re naturally creative, you can create a work of art yourself (painting, sketch, etc.) for your bride and get it framed.
- A Massage – With the stress of wedding planning in full swing, your bride would probably love to have a relaxing massage to decompress. Buy her a gift card and let her schedule it for a time when she’s free.
- Champagne and Flowers – A fun wedding day gift is having champagne and flowers delivered to your bride in the morning when you’re supposed to be apart. She’ll love your thoughtfulness amid all the other details that you’re both worried about.
- A Love Journal – Writing some loving words to your bride is a great way to tell her, in your own words, how much she means to you. If you’re writing your own vows, this can be a similar theme, but with more personal details that you might not want to share in front of your guests.
Kerkstra Luxury Portable Restroom Service Inc. provides portable restroom service across Michigan and luxury restroom trailers for all of the states surrounding the Great Lakes. Take a look at our mobile restroom trailers and request a quote today!